Expanding and Formalizing Internal Processes
An emerging software developer is poised for exponential growth and understands its current internal processes are not sufficient to handle a significant increase in the number of clients.
Strong competition, overseas development efforts, and an evolving roster of savvy Fortune 500 corporations demand that the software company revise and institutionalize its Customer Management and Product Lifecycle processes.
The CEO and SVP of Services firmly believe in the “mission critical” status of the initiative and agree that outside assistance would be the best way to ensure tight implementation timelines are met. They select SimpatiCo based on a long-standing relationship, established redesign methodologies, and our ability to align key constituents across business areas.
SimpatiCo worked with an 11 member, cross-functional Operations Council (OC) to define, document, and approve the high-level processes, as well as the detailed sub-processes.
- Facilitated OC agreement on high-level activity steps for both Customer Management and Product Lifecycle, incorporating customer preferences where applicable
- Defined standards for process design, including relevant Six Sigma practices and ensured design consistency across approximately 30 sub-processes
- Set and enforced deliverable deadlines which was critical given an unstructured environment
- Established a framework for roll-out, and worked with process owners on training plans and process measurement criteria
- Created a repeatable methodology including collaborative access to efficiently revise processes as growth demands
The Management Team has sanctioned the new processes and implementation is underway. Additionally, the OC’s charter has been extended given their success at quickly enabling the company to meet the needs of a rapidly expanding customer base. Looking ahead, OC members see the benefit of formalized processes and look forward to using the guiding methodologies to enhance other important internal processes.