A management consulting leader with over 20 years of experience, Leslie has designed and delivered business critical projects in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. From agile start-ups to global industry standouts, she has guided cross-functional teams responsible for strategic planning, process design and improvement, product development and delivery, and new business formation within the Energy, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Software, Telecommunications, and Transportation sectors. Known for working closely with a variety of stakeholders to translate complex business problems into actionable plans, Leslie consistently delivers sustainable benefits. She thrives in diverse environments, making the most of geographic dispersion and harnessing cultural uniqueness.
Prior to co-founding SimpatiCo, she was a Managing Consultant within Gemini Consulting’s strategy discipline and began her career at J.P. Morgan & Company, first as an internal consultant and later a Fixed Income Research Analyst. Leslie holds a B.A. in Government from Wesleyan University and lives in San Francisco, CA.
Select SimpatiCo Project Highlights
- Directed the strategic planning process for a banking technology provider, including articulation of global payments trends, competitive positioning, and strategic options. Facilitated working sessions with the C-Suite and Board members, ultimately positioning the company for successful sale to larger competitor.
- Engineered a cross-functional road map development and management process and global location strategy for a $200M R&D organization specializing in Water, Electricity, and Gas advanced metering solutions, including smart grid and IoT.
- Acted as interim Head of Client Delivery for the leading SaaS electronic bank account management (eBAM) provider. Owned relationships with global banks and Fortune 500 treasury team members, structured pricing and sales models, integrated customer needs into R&D, structured the product roadmap, and developed communication tools.
- Drove a comprehensive process excellence program for the largest short-haul rail carrier in North America. Worked closely with 30+ dedicated team members on behalf of the CEO and CFO, who regularly communicated improvements to private equity majority owners and Wall Street in advance of the profitable sale of the company.
- Developed five-year strategic plan for the global leader in DNA design and manufacturing. Conducted research with customers in North America, Europe, and Asia and assessed competitive landscape and internal capabilities. Positioned business line for double-digit revenue growth over three years.
- Structured mobile business solutions by sector for a diversified communication carrier. Collaborated with business unit GM and drove project research, analysis, recommendations, and preliminary implementation.
- Led a cross-functional team responsible for the development of business use cases, processes, and infrastructure to capture and manage customer and market information for the global leader in agricultural equipment manufacturing.
- Translated data and information into actionable insights for the CEO if a $13 billion manufacturing company. Led team of company thought leaders (e.g., Market Research, Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Economics, etc.) to define repeatable methodology by customer segment.
- Partnered with the CEO of an international content management company to create a corporate message and define and prioritize business opportunities. Aligned senior leadership and the Board on a comprehensive path forward, eventually leading to a profitable sale to a growing competitor.
- Defined and prioritized potential opportunities within the identity authentication market for the SVP of Strategy at a preeminent payments platform.