Building Customer-Focused Manufacturing
The global leader in DNA manufacturing is undergoing a production transformation at its main facility.
New IT systems, core processes, and procedures are being developed in an effort to maintain product innovation and quality, as well as improve turn-around-time and drive economies of scale.
Based on a strong understanding of the company’s capabilities, competitive positioning, and strategic goals, both Manufacturing and Product Management leadership ask SimpatiCo to play a significant role: driving customer-focus throughout manufacturing platform implementation.
Guiding a dedicated team of internal content experts and outside software developers, SimpatiCo is responsible for designing processes that directly impact the customer. Specific deliverables include the following:
- Mapped customer touch points to steps in the Manufacturing activity chain, and prioritized operational enhancements
- Assessed selected MES platform and articulated required customization/enhancements based on customer and internal user needs; ensured recommendations were consistent with agile software development methodology
- Outlined communication plan for order fulfillment, including drafting email content to be sent to customers at various steps in order lifecycle
- Redesigned product labeling to include content customers deem critical
- Drafted multiple pieces of collateral (“Understanding Your Shipment”, Quick Reference Card) and determined how and when to distribute to customers
- Set style guidelines for all future customer communications (e.g., Certificate of Authentication)
Several products are being manufactured using the new platform, receiving positive feedback for improved customer communications. The rollout of additional products is moving forward, and a plan is in place for continual improvement.